Monday, August 30, 2010

Temple Blessings


Paul and I joined a monthly Temple babysitting swap with our neighbors and good friends, the Wilsons. We watch their children once each month for them to attend the Temple and they, in turn, watch our children once a month while we attend the Temple. It has now been a few months in this arrangement. It has been such a blessing in my life!

Paul and I had fallen out of the habit of making it to the Temple regularly and rarely attended together even when we did go. Now that we are regularly attending the Temple together I can feel such a difference in our family and our home, and in me personally. We feel happier, stronger, and more united. We feel that we are better prepared to fight off the temptations of the adversary, to avoid the discouragement and stresses of daily living, and to recognize and enjoy the blessings that Heavenly Father has given us.

The Temple helps me to thrive, instead of merely surviving in life. I love the Temple because it allows me opportunities to escape the noise of the outside world and to feel that I am being taught at the foot of the Savior.

No comments: