Monday, December 14, 2009

My Angel Friend

This is my AMAZING friend, Cherise.

This is my amazing friend, Cherise, cleaning the cupboards in our new house - and, yes, she even smiled through it all. She also helped unpack several boxes to get our kitchen functioning. She is the reason I stayed sane through our recent move from Mesa to Maricopa.

She stayed at our new house and watched our kids while Paul and I finished cleaning out our old house. We were gone for most of the day but she didn't complain once.

She even cooked us a yummy dinner that night. It was so good to sit down in our new home and enjoy a home cooked meal, even when Paul and I were too exhausted to cook it.



She helped us get through our bed time routine and read us all a Christmas story. This was a special treat since I LOVE reading Christmas stories to my kids during the holidays, but had lost my voice from being sick during the move. It was nice to have some level of normalcy and routine during such a stressful time.

What these pictures don't show is how Cherise was there to support me from beginning to end - from the time that Paul and I decided to buy a home until the time that we were completely moved in. She was there with a listening ear when we lost several of the homes we had bid on. She was there to congratulate me and be excited with me when we finally got the home that we wanted. She and her husband were our only friends that were available to help us load our moving truck. She drove with us to Maricopa to watch our kids while we unloaded our moving truck. She came back and stayed at our home that weekend to offer whatever support or help we needed - including cleaning, unpacking, cooking, and watching our kids - as the pictures show.

I just cannot say enough about how special Cherise is to me and how much she has blessed my life. As much as I appreciate all of the physical labor, time and service she offered my family, I appreciate even more that I had a friend there to share the experience with.

1 comment:

Reese said...

Believe it or not, that week was so fun for me. I am touched. Thank you. I love you.