Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Whiting Family Camping Trip

We went camping on Monday and Tuesday at Cave Springs camp site in Sedona, AZ. It was my first time ever camping (besides Young Women's) and our family's first trip camping together. We had a blast and plan to do it more often! We have more family fun planned today so for now I only have time to post some pictures.

The first few pictures are of us setting the tent up in our kitchen for a trial run. We had dinner and scripture study in the tent. Then there are a few random pictures of Abby making her talent show poster, Holly trying on her new Princess shoes, and Abby on her way to a sleepover at Grandma Whiting's house. Then the last set of pictures are from camping this week. :)



Or you can go to this LINK to see our pictures.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

You Liar! We went camping. Remember getting pulled over because of your tail light and my dad pulling over and getting yelled at by the cop? And then chasing cinders because it was windy and we didn't want to start the sagebrush on fire and my parents in the Expedition just laughing at us? I can't believe you think you have never camped before! I bet your family trip was nothing like your real first time camping, at least I hope it wasn't because that be pretty pathetic of a repeat. I'm sure this time you did much better. :)

Paul and Celeste said...

Yes, I do remember that, Nic. But I don't think that counts as camping. We drove barely out of town with your parents following us, arrived to our spot after dark, slept, and then came home first thing in the morning. :-P Did we even set up our tent or did your Dad? Yes, our family trip was a bit more successful than that attempt. ;)

Renae said...

How fun! I'll have to get more details from you. Were there bathrooms? How did you cook? Were the kids scared at night? I'd love to camp again. Haven't been in at least 10 years.

Nicole said...

It was so camping. I'm petty sure we set up the tent (my dad doesn't do that kind of stuff). So it was only at the White Tanks, but still counts! Glad it went better than our trip.