Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Poem from Yesteryear

I came across a poem I wrote on November 23, 1997, which would have made me 15. I remember the night that I wrote it. The words just tumbled out on the page without any effort.

"I don't know what I want and I can't find what I need.
Somewhere deep inside of me is a hunger I can't feed.

I've tried so long and hard to remove all of this pain,
but there isn't enough sunshine to take away the rain.

It seems as though life's loneliness is far too much to bear.
On this Earth peace and happiness are becoming so rare.

But through all this darkness, a glimmer of Hope appears.
The light of Christ shines in my life; My desperate cry He hears.

I want to share this joy I feel with all who seek the truth.
I'll use the Spirit felt in their hearts to serve as my proof.

All the confusion of the World now disappears from mind.
The love and peace I've searched for is no longer hard to find.

Now when I'm all alone and think that no one cares,
I begin to feel His love for I know He hears my prayers."

1 comment:

Reese said...

This was beautiful, thank you for sharing! :)